Wednesday, March 25, 2009

What Are the Odds that This Day Will Get Better?

So, I was going to be late for work anyway because of traffic. There were two accidents on the highway between my house and my office. I sat on the on ramp for 25 minutes before I was able to get to the escape lane to get back off. I decided (or actually Bear did...he was in the car ahead of me on the ramp) that the back roads were a better idea.

As I sat at a red light, I picked up my Wawa coffee cup, took the first sip of that life giving liquid and then went to place it back in the cup holder. As I did so, the disposable cup disintegrated in my hand and spilled 20 ounces of VERY hot coffee onto my lap, my steering wheel and my center console. OUCH!!! I uttered several explicit words and then switched lanes to go back home.

I knew this was probably a sign that I should get back in bed and write the day off, but I am saving up my leave for when Kimi comes to visit (in 9 DAYS!!!) so I was going to have to brave the day. After my second shower of the day and a fresh outfit, I started a load of laundry with my coffee soaked clothes in it, scubbed the inside of my car as clean as possible and got on the road again.

I was an hour and a half late for work and things have continued to go wrong all morning....

Is it Friday yet???

3 comments:

  1. No you said it and it took me the 25 minutes to agree with you that the back roads were a better idea. What did you do about getting coffee? Bear

    ReplyDelete
  2. I grabbed a travel mug from the kitchen on my way out the door and used my stash at work to make some when I finally arrived.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You hadded a bad day. :( And then Facebook chat wasn't working! Yea, Thursday sucked!

    ReplyDelete