Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Day 07 - A Picture of Your Most Treasured Item


Day 07 - A picture of your most treasured item.

When Bear and I were still dating, he worked as a cashier for a major grocery store near my parents' house. One Christmas, I was very excited about the holidays and was constantly running around saying "Merry Chrismoose!" to everyone (I was very young). His store often decorated the cash registers with stuffed animals and the like for whatever holiday was coming up. One day, shortly before Christmas, Bear arrived at his register to find that it was decorated with a stuffed moose. The tag even read "ChrisMoose". He said it made him think of me and how excited I was about the holidays and he knew it needed to be mine. Chrismoose was one of my Christmas presents that year, and is one of my most precious possessions. It showed me that he paid attention to what I said and really thought about what would make me happy. He has given me MANY awesome gifts in the years since then, but ChrisMoose will always be my favorite, and one of my most treasured items!

2 comments:

  1. That is AWESOME :) I love this story! You two have such an amazing relationship and I feel so blessed to be a part of your life. On a side note, you said "I was very young"....What does that have to do with anything? LOL You are a goofball anyway, just that you have now learned how to be a goofball with russian catspaek. LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so good to me! Yeah...I am still a goofball, but I think my goofiness has matured a bit since then! And the russian catspaek makes it all the more mature! ROFL

    ReplyDelete