Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Day 9 - The Person Who Has Gotten You Through The Most


Day 9 - A picture of the person who has gotten you through the most.


Bear and I have known each other since the first day of 7th grade. He has been there as I have grown up from a truly annoying teenager to the (hopefully less annoying) wife and mother I am today. He stood by me through some really hard times with both his family and my own...overriding his own distaste for conflict to defend me from those who should be most supportive in our lives and then biting his tongue until it bled when I asked. He put up with my craziness as we planned our wedding. He took exceptional care of me as I struggled through a very rough pregnancy and delivery to bring Bubbles into the world. He worked hard (as did I) to get out of crushing debt in order to buy our home. He provided a strong shoulder through months of devastation following a miscarriage. He tried every tactic he could think of to calm my fears through another (much easier) pregnancy and delivery as we completed our family with Animal. He stands firmly by my side on this bumpy journey to raise our children. And he loves me unwaveringly despite my many shortcomings.


That first paragraph makes it sound like our lives together have been rife with sorrow, but in reality those are just snippets of time in the 25 years we have known each other. Though some of those moments have really tested the strength of our love and still weigh heavy on my heart, the good times FAR outweigh the bad.


Bear has been there for me through thick and thin, good and bad, hard and easy. And with every passing snippet, I have become more certain that I can count on him to see me through anything this world throws at us.

4 comments:

  1. No you worked hard getting us out of the "crushing debt" that I put us in. Only thing I did was hope you didn't throw my sorry butt out!

    Yes I still love you despite your "shortcomings" but at 6'1" what other choice do I have?

    Yes it sounds like there has been mostly bad times, but when you look at it in years it's not bad. Maybe a total of a couple bad years out of the 13 1/2 years of marrage and 11 1/2 knowing you is pretty damn good. I mean we are somewhat normal after all.

    Thanks for making me look like a better person than I reall am!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely beautiful! You two are am amazing couple and I am so blessed to have you in my life! I love the way you love and support each other! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bear - I don't know that I would describe us a normal, but what we have works for us! And you are a far better person than you give yourself credit for!

    Kimi - It should seem very familiar to you since you and Tim work the same way! Just ask TJ! ;P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah we are normal for us, LOL!!

    Bear

    ReplyDelete